Saturday, June 03, 2006

Weekend at Subic... Olongapo, whatever!

These photos were taken in Olongapo City, just two hours drive away from my town. When I heard my friend say Subic Bay, there was a glow in my eyes and I suddenly packed my bags and go. :)

But then, it wasn't the Subic Bay that I thought because what was on my mind when we were texting about it was sort of an adventure and nature tripping like experience hiking in the jungle or bat cave or going to the zoo and mingle with the wandering monkeys of the entire Subic Bay Metropolitan Area but then we ended up at a beach. It's ok though since the kids love the beach but being myself, I just couldn't hide my nuisance during that time and still managed to fight my frustration.

The reason: aside from being accustomed at the beach the whole summer (my feet never even touched the sea water!), the backdrop at SBMA isn't what you will always see in my everyday life back at my town that's why I was kind of sulky.

Here are the pictures anyway:


We came across with a devastated house and all that is left is this stairs. Not a bad shot from a moving vehicle eh?

This is it after two grueling hours of dust and crater-like road!

Outside the church of St. Joseph Church Olongapo

First stop: Ocean View. Nice backdrop and hotel but too congested, definitely not my type of place!

But of course, after we've seen the place we would love to have a nice picture taken inside this resort! Say 'cheese'!

One of the things that is always present by the beach... a sand castle!

Our little ones enjoying themselves!

Our two girls and Judith, who pronounces overtake as 'ebertik':)

I just love flowers...

Resident of Blue Rock Bar and restaurantWhile watching the kids, we decided to wander and checked on the different water sports and stalls by the beach then Abi and I ended up playing with different sea shells owned by an old lady who does seem to have a boundless patience on us. That's me, inside the bones of shark's teeth. Lovely. That's just me and my friend Abi.

Pity this woman just can't help herself to be out of the picture that's why she ran quickly before I even click the shutter.

A picturesque without Abi in it ;)

Of course, after the sunset is the night life.

After drinking two glasses of draft beer, Abi just can't stop singing 'So Sick' at the bar and i'm just so sick of her voice ;)
After some time, I heard my name being called on the stage and requested to sing a song for everyone in the bar. At first I was hesitant but in the end found myself singing in front of both local and foreigner audiences. I was really shaking, tensed and even cursed Abi at the back of my mind while I was singing. However, the applause makes me feel somehow better after my performance as what they say (hehe, I wish!) Even better :)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

do you know the website www.olongapo.co.nr?? the Olongapo Freedom Forum daw.