Sunday, June 04, 2006

Don't Grow Up Too Fast!!!

eIt’s already June but the heat of the sun still feels like summer so today I just had a lazy day with my kids teasing each other ceaselessly. It was really fun though I remembered I still have something to do on my pc. In order not to be bothered, I enticed Kitty to be my secretary and pay her five pesos as a payment, which she apparently liked. Which ended to be a peaceful day for the three of us, of course.

Today, Rickie Mae, my best pal’s daughter celebrated her 10th birthday. Look how time flies, ten years back I was just carrying my best friend’s baby girl on my shoulders, changing her nappies and dress her like a little doll back in their old house when Abi and I were still neighbors. This little girl though is slowly turning into a fine young lady. Now, we lend each other’s sandals, check on new accessories we have got and even share the same clothes! Can you imagine that!

Last month, the man of my life, Ken also celebrated his 11th birthday. We didn’t threw a party just had a nice dinner together with my whole family. He enjoys it when I tell stories about him when he was still a baby or even before I gave birth to him. Like how he made me stay up until morning because he just won’t stop crying during the night, how I bathe him when he was small, that I still keep both his navel and his sister’s in my drawer etc.

I hate to admit it but eventually, my little ones will both grow up and won’t be playing with me like the way they used to. Makes me unhappy when I think of it. But that’s life! To me what’s important is I know that no matter what happens these kids love me regardless of my imperfection as a mother and their friend. And that bond cannot be shattered by just anyone. And I love them too genuinely with all my heart and soul. I know how time swiftly pass but please don’t grow too fast... selfish of me I know but not yet!

Me and Rickie after giving my opening prayer

Kitty joins the contest and said that Rickie is her 'cousin'. All these time, she thought Rickie is her cousin! I didn't know that, exhilirating!

Before I took this shot, she whispered to me something; "Mommy, howcome I never win all the contests that I joined?" I just told her that all the contestants were too big for her to win and she agreed and gave me this smile.

Ken can easily be amused with small stuff.. so do I!

No comments: