Monday, February 13, 2006

Happy Heart's Day

Tomorrow will be Valentine’s Day and I have no idea about it. I don’t even know what date it is today. Sometimes, it really happens that is why I keep a calendar in front of my desk, a big one. :) I just found out about it when I was looking over my old photographs and journal today.

February 14th isn’t really a biggie for me. I am used to having no dates be it Valentine’s or any other special occasion and it doesn’t really affect me nor have I turned into a green-eyed monster with jealousy whenever most of my friends were dating out or being with their boyfriends. I have my kids and family that I can always have a date with and I’m contented with it. Besides, Valentine’s date is boring and corny compared to that of the excitement and thrilling you can get in an ordinary day dates, amen to that? Here’s my opinion though, when you date on Valentine’s Day, most of the people will date too. Restaurants are fully booked, movie houses are full, traffic-jam everywhere, every couple is expected to date, flowers are marked-up sky high, and 9 months later a lot of babies will be born, what else could be the good news then? I’m not being cynical here, just that everyday could be a Valentine’s Day or holiday to spread and share your love with. After all, it’s just an opinion.

Last year, we celebrated it over dinner at some nice restobar with my good friends. No one was drunk that time, so, no tripping, crying or whatsoever. It was our second year then of celebrating that day—so many good memories and a bundle of laughs. Time goes by swiftly, after graduation, we moved on with our lives each on different ways. Some found new friends, career and love, some worked overseas, two of them has just gave birth and some.. I don’t know. We haven’t communicated in ages and I really missed them and all the things we all been through. It’s funny how I found this journal to remind me of the times we had together last year. And now, another year has come.. I shall wait what I would say after reading it one year later.

But for now, I’ll leave you guys with Happy Valentine’s Day and enjoy every moment with your love ones as if it’s the last day you’re spending it with them.

No comments: