Sunday, January 29, 2006

My Funny, Scary, Hopeful Experience this Week...

Having a hard time making a good introduction ends up with nothing when I am blogging. I truly love sharing my thoughts and experiences through writing but there were times when I just couldn't get the right words to express things.

So that's been bugging me so far these past few days plus I'm having difficulty on time-management. I guess I have to blame it all on the DVD's.

About how my week was...

My Dear Mother celebrated her 54th birthday last Monday, since I'm broke, I have thought of giving her a dozen of nice and fresh white roses mixed with daisy-like Malaysian Mums. We had a nice dinner too with the kids out-- literally out meaning, just outside the house nothing fancy.

I managed to meet a Travel Agent at that same day. Since Eddie can't make it to be here due to unforseen circumstances, we had sudden change of plan. I'll have to come and visit him instead. Well, only by luck, whether the immigration will approve my application for a visit to Australia or as simple as deny it. That's another thing to blog isn't it? Honestly, I don't wanna get too agitated over coming there and be with Eddie finally, it's really hard to tell as of yet. Though I'd still post something about the progress on my application soon. To me and for everyone out there applying with same or different purpose like mine, it's all like a game of luck. I'm hoping though to be with Eddie soon.

MY STORY ABOUT PLAYING CHESS AND KEN LOVING IT!

I'll tell you a little somewhat funny story. I don't play chess.. at all! My son, Ken, and his cousin was so into it last summer and I just envy looking at them concentrating with their moves and all. While watching them play chess, I asked too many questions like: "Who's winning? Who's winning?:), "Wait, I'm confused, why the Queen can move as many places as it likes unlike the King?", "Aren't you tired of each other's face competing everyday?" Irritated by my questions but not really expressing it, I just know, what they did was teach me instead.
Fast learner that I am, (I was able to play chess (but still asking questions from my opponent) within one week. Fast enough, huh?


So for weeks of learning, I've always been beaten by a grade 3 and grade 4 students (my son, Ken and his cousin)! Sometimes with what they call "four or five moves". And I was so like "Oh, that's just not fair! You're joining up against me!". Humiliating. Fascinating, wasn't it? :)

I'm not playing chess anymore after that, been too busy with lots of stuff, but my boy is still playing it. About a couple of days ago, he just went home with a big grin on his face saying he won against grade 5 and 6 (he's in grade 4 now, by the way) in their sportsfest chess competition. I told him how proud I am having someone like him and to keep it up. I guess, that kid needs practice to keep him interested in playing it. I'm thinking to play with him soon. Just like they say, chess makes kids smart. And so do parents. :)

MY SCARY, FUNNY, SCARY MOMENT...

About a couple of nights ago, my boyfriend and I were chatting, put the webcam on and have fun with each other. Until he asked me what's behind my back, so I did look at my back and found my sweater hanging on the couch. Told him it was just a sweater. Again, he said "not that one" so I started to look what's behind me once again and found a towel on the other couch
(now you can tell how messy I am with my house :)) he said right away no behind that. And what's next thing behind that towel which you can see from the cam is the hand towel hanging in my wall. So I walked a few steps back and showed it, I even shook it as a sign to tell him if this is what he's asking? And when I walk towards my PC he said, at the top of the towel that I shook what was that. That made my hands and feet cold, there was nothing in there! What could he possibly see? I was all alone that time and his questions were beginning to frighten me.

I asked Eddie then about what's he seeing that time and he said like "I see a face smiling at you"
when I read that, I screamed and opened my doors out, my heart was pounding.

Sorry, to be continued.. be back later with the photos! :)



No comments: