Saturday, December 17, 2005

addicted to love?

Yesterday, my soul sister came over to my place unexpectedly. Knowing her, she wouldn’t go anywhere far from her boyfriend unless she’s experiencing one of her paranoia attacks.

The good thing about us is that no matter how long we don’t communicate, the feeling of excitement once we meet has always been there. Having conversation with her was like going back to the times when we were still in our College days, we reminisced all the fun and drama we have had back then. Embarrassing but I confess I am and once a drama queen especially when drunk way back in college. Sharlyn, though, was worst than me. Lol.

While talking and having a good time together, I served something to eat and a few slices of papaya. Then she turned quiet which is very unlikely of her. I didn’t want to break her silence although I knew there’s something wrong and that she’s going to pour it all out in a few seconds from then. I was right.

She broke the ice by saying “Evan (my boyfriend) didn’t know that I was here”. Since then, my ears were occupied about the details on how she suffers from stress and depression for months now. In order not to offend Sharlyn, I asked her if she has some kind of love addiction problems, like obsession. And without thinking twice, she nodded. Hmm… sounds like me before, but I learned to control and get over with it.

Her case is different though, most of the time, it comes to the point where she uncontrollably beats her boyfriend only from the simplest reasons like not telling her what’s his ex’s name or jealous about his favorite cover girl in the magazine, something like that. She knew herself that she needs to ask for professional help and willing to undergo treatment but that won’t be possible at the moment because she’s got no job as of yet.

Personally, I am friends with her boyfriend and I would say he is a nice guy and loves Sharlyn so much. Doesn’t drink or smoke, no vices really. Of course, guys have their own insecurities that most of the time they show off stuff or ex girlfriends just to hide their flaws. But nothing wrong with it coz it doesn’t affect anyone.

She knew too well she needed help but she can’t stop herself from unending negative thoughts about Evan, his whereabouts, his ex’s, girls he’ll meet in the job, etc.

From what I have read, obsessions are the unwanted thoughts, and compulsions are the unwanted behaviors. Most OCD sufferers are aware that such thoughts and behavior are not rational, but feel bound to comply with them to fend off fears of panic or dread. Because sufferers are consciously aware of this irrationality but feel helpless to push it away, OCD is often regarded as one of the most vexing and frustrating of the major anxiety disorders.

I just don’t know what could help her at the moment but I hope she be well soon. Regarding with her relationship with us, her friends, is nothing but normal except that of with her boyfriend.


As of this moment, she just texted me telling that she is with her boyfriend today. While yesterday, he was swearing him from head to foot and even promised not to see him again for a week. Women! Lol.

That's a wrap..

No comments: