Friday, January 20, 2006

On Breaking-up and Lessons Learned...

Been always busy every morning preparing the kids to school and after they left, tidy up the house and all. But not today, my house is in a total mess but I never lifted any finger on anything instead I sat in front of this PC. I feel like concentrating mainly on writing something for my blog today and make it a habit of doing so. Let’s just see though how long can I take this messy house while writing. Lol.

Hmm.. what to post? Aha! I’ll tell you a story about a desperate not-so friend of mine who completely lost her memory about the meaning of family and friendship when she unexpectedly found her new-found lover via chat. After two weeks of chatting, the guy hastily decided to visit her in the Philippines. State of ecstasy, that’s what I can describe as I looked at her schmoozing about her boyfriend, being his princess and all. She was in no doubt stepping on a seventh heaven, they both looked like a pair of bedpan blissfully in-love with each other and I’m happy for her too. And I truly meant that. Until she drastically changed into some overly-ambitious and obsessed woman I never knew. I mean, there’s nothing wrong with being ambitious but to say that “I don’t need NO BODY just me and my boyfriend living abroad will make me completely happy!” Now that’s what I call pathetic! I started to keep away from her since then.

True as they say, some good things never last. After months of silence, she recently paged me at Yahoo! Messenger telling me that it’s over between the two of them. My reaction? “So what?!” But still I managed to be nice and console her after all that has happened. Because I understand how hard it is getting dumped or breaking-up more likely.

Speaking of breaking-ups, I have a few friends who acted strange after their break-ups; there’s this one who slept with her ex’s friend just to get revenge, the other one was spreading rumors about their sex life and how his ex was crazy over her stuff like that, a guy friend acted really weird and had suicidal attempts but months after getting over the denial stage he was living with another girl and by now they already have a new baby. I personally experienced breaking-up with someone I never thought I’d ever break-up with. It was really painful and every dream I had with him shattered in just a snap. But life has to move on… resilience and the power of positive thinking is just the key. Well, I guess it is. That's why I'm still here.

Lessons Learned: it’s alright if you dream of having a better life but don’t forget to build your dreams around your loved ones also and not just focused on your partner alone. Remember that any partner may abandon you just like that but your family can never disown you. So learn how to balance things otherwise you don’t want to be left alone. Be thankful for what you have and remember to count your blessings, ALWAYS!

No comments: