Saturday, December 03, 2005

My Misadventures with Abi and Emily Rose

I didn't get the chance to post last night because I was so tired... so here's a little story about my adventures and misadventures anyway.

While at the mall, we couldn't find a dress the way we exactly want. so instead, we decided to have lunch first and treat ourselves to a movie and then go shopping. Abi and I have opposite taste when it comes to food. I like pizza (Italian), she likes Japanese, I offered Chinese and she refused she said she wants American. Geez, I was really going nuts then plus I was really starving. Since we rarely go to the mall together, we agreed to have a sumptuous meal and watched movie together. Going back on what to eat, I enticed her by asking "Would you like to try some Vietnamese instead, gurl, it's something we can't have back in our town, you know?". And like a child, she nodded and said "ok", I won! Lol.

Vietnamese food was superb, I must say. If only Abi ordered a not so super spicy beef, she would have enjoyed her meal like I did. I think she had four glasses of bottomless iced tea and told me she feel like throwing up and sweating. Funny. After eating, talking, and relaxing for ten minutes we hurried down to the movies. We chose to watch 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose'. At first I was so excited but then as I entered the theater and hear the trembling sound effects, I began to get nervous then. I know and I wholeheartedly admit I'm scaredy-cat but I really can't help it though the plot centers around the legal battle that ensues when Emily dies during the exorcism, still the scenes on Emily Rose was being possessed by the demons gave me goose bumps and if only I could, I would hide under Abi’s dress. The funny thing is, there was a moment where I told Abi to just leave the movie and go shopping instead. Abi replied with her infamous swearing “Don’t you waste my money on this movie, just go if you want to *#@%!!” With a pounding heart and feeling cold, I replied with “Can’t you see, I’m gonna die in here? I think I’m gonna have a heart attack and duhh??! This is my treat, remember?!” She was trying to make me laugh though after that. So the feeling subside then. To sum it all up, before the movie finished, Abi and I (take note: just the two of us) had a final scream in one of the scenes where Emily Rose was being possessed by evil (ctually, I don’t wanna recall it). It was really embarrassing but to my surprise, Abi was still screaming stuff like “bullshit, bull crap, bull frog *&#@$” That made me really laugh, imagine, after sixteen years of being together I never knew she had the talent of calling out all the bull word in the wikipedia’s vocabulary?! LOL. So I stopped her by saying “Pussy! Hehehe!” At last the movie was over. It was really such a wonderful feeling leaving that movie house. I am finally out of the darkness. ;-) . I give it a two and a half stars rate though.

It was getting late so we started our dress haunting and in the end, we didn’t find a dress for us but instead stilettos and some cool top. (I’ll post that one soon). Hitting the mall is fun even if too much walking is killing our feet, I must say, it’s worth every pain.

Can you tell if I could be a survivor of the ‘Amazing Race’? Guess. Abi for sure will survive.

Here's my bestgirl's story though. Click.



3 comments:

abigail said...

u should have place our picture here in ur artcle. it was funny!!!! i feel like fartin'! bullshit!bullcrap!bullfrog!!!!!!give me a ring landline once u read this ok i dont have load!

Anonymous said...

who is abi? who is emily rose?

secret said...

gurl, if i'm going to post our picture here it would be us in our Christmas dress. LOL. sure will give you a ring later. miss ya!

iamonly, hi! thanks. sure i can visit your blog. :)

who is abi? well, she's my best girl for almost 16 years. hmm... i think i'm gonna have to post about her and our friendship one of these days. and "Emily Rose" was the girl from the movie that we watched (check out again my article)

thanks for the comments and keep visiting :)