Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Color Blind? Take the Test...

Today, I have the feeling that I'm gonna be bored again so I decided to log on 7:30 in the morning, just after the kids left for school. Too lazy to clean, I decided to post some free articles on which my boyfriend and I have been doing lately in our site. And then later on, I found myself surfing the net ;-)

Did You Know:
that color blindness affects about 8 percent of men, and approximately 0.5 percent of women? The gene for color blindness expresses itself only when there is no corresponding "normal" color vision gene. Since men only have one X chromosome, the chances of color blindness showing up in men are much higher than in women, who have two X chromosomes. Women may be carriers of the color deficient gene, but not experience color defective vision.

Most color-deficient individuals have varieties of red or green deficiency.
Blue deficiencies are very rare. Color-deficient people are not completely red or green blind. Compared to people with normal color vision, they have some trouble differentiating between certain colors, but the severity of the color deficiency is variable.
Many people think anyone labeled as "color-blind" sees only black and white--like watching a black and white movie. This is a big misconception and is not true. It is extremely rare to be totally color-blind. (The complete absence of any color sensation is called monochromasy.) Less than 1 in 1,000 of those affected by color blindness see only black and white, or shades of gray, and live in a monochromatic world.

Out of curiousity, since my vision is 75/50, thinking that I am a color-blind too, I took the test and the results.. so far, so good. I am not color blind! Ready to take the test too?
Click Here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://abmaqytg.com/pejh/zbvb.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://emkzpizd.com/egej/pyqe.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://abmaqytg.com/pejh/zbvb.html | http://nuidqtxs.com/tddg/nern.html