Friday, November 18, 2005

One morning...



Today, I woke up 5 minutes before 6:00 am to prepare the kids for school. It's no surprise I didn't nag this morning coz I promised these children to buy them "yoyo's" if they cooperate with me. Like they won't fight over small stuff or they move faster than the usual. So it's a deal then, they behave. Kids! Funny, come to think that Friday is the only day these guys don't get late. Must be Monday to Thursday-sickness effect. Lol. Kissed and waved goodbye as their school service picked them up. That's always a nice day to start with.

So, the kids are at school, it's the moment of deafening silence. Too bad, I didn't hear the pleasant sound of the birds chirping this morning. As I entered our house, it was like a disaster. Toys everywhere, pencils, colors, crumpled papers and worn pj's too. I didn't know what to do first so I sat and suddenly remembered that I have to go to my mom's shop to mind it while she buy some stuff in Manila for the day. Of course, it wouldn't be ME if I didn't forget a single thing in a day. I rushed to be at the shop on time (5 minute walk from my home). And then I saw heaps of like new stalls standing in front of our shop, mmmm... interesting! It would be easier now to reach fruits and vegetables stands, mini groceries, cheap bargains, and what delights me the most is the Philippines' famous "turo-turo" (sort of like a street food, cheap restaurant/carinderia). Mmmm... smells like Christmas spirit! (These stalls are only there until after New Year's, the municipality in my town permitted them)

As soon as I entered our shop, I sat and kept my eyes on the "turo-turo", until I couldn't resist it.. I ordered a cup of coffee, fried rice and sauteed lettuce. Eat and gossip. Num num! *battling eyelashes* What more could I ask for?

Actually, the moral of the story is... like being contented with what you have.. And don't gossip while you eat otherwise, you'll catch yourself being nagged by your mom. ;-)


PS:
The cat has got nothing to with my post today .. I just find it cute to have it there. I think it would be much nicer too if you do what it says otherwise poor puss. Good day!

No comments: