Sunday, November 20, 2005

The Art of Being Weird.....


Tired but restless, I tried to get some sleep today but I couldn't so I grabbed some of my cookies and sit in front of my very reliable friend, my computer. I never thought of posting today instead I searched favorite stuff on my PC-- PICTURES! Of all sorts. I don't know but there's something about every pictures I see... delighting and communicating it seemed! Eventhough I love scanning pictures, i get bored over it. So, I tried finding something more relaxing.. which lead me to browsing my mp3 collections. Ooooh, even delight! Music, an artful arrangement of sounds across time. In the history of human kind, music has been a part of our daily lives.

My friends think that I am weird when I tell them something about music and how I feel. Hmm... let me see, have you ever felt like listening to your favorite song and all of a sudden see yourself like running freely at the hillside? With veil on your head, mind you. Or, imagining you dancing with someone you haven't met yet in a very romantic place? Like that in the movie "My Best Friend's Wedding" or "Kate and Leopold". Was that weird? I think it's just normal for a girl to dream of something she never felt or experienced before. If you may call that weird, then I am weird. Blah! It's one of the things that brings me joy and isolate myself from this world. I'm not crazy, FYI, but when I share things about these to my friends... shakes head and then they say "weird". Ooopsy! Now i'm thinking what's the true meaning of being weird anyways?

Anyway, I have listed some of my favorite songs from my CD Collections.. and see what I think about when I hear them....

Nat King Cole
for someone like me who couldn't afford to buy his CD's before (and until now) what I did was.. chill at Starbucks and listen to his music, for FREE. Oooh, lovely! But that wasn't for long since a large cup of frapuccino thrice a week was not like economy wise. Good thing I have a friend who gave me his original cd and one Frank Sinatra too! He knows I'm such a jazz sucker. True indeed, when it rains, it pours. ;-)




Enya
I first heard her from the soundtrack of the movie "Sweet November" (one of my favorite movies) and I must say, it's so magical, angelic and like a lullaby... definitely the song of the New Age Music aside from my jazz collection cd's. I feel like going to Maximus' time from the Gladiator movie.






Your Body is a Wonderland (John Mayer)
whenever I hear this, I see myself walking in the cold breeze of Baguio City looking for a coffee shop or best bargains at their famous "ukay-ukay" (vintage shop)







The Journey (Lea Salonga)
Philippines' pride, Miss Saigon.. i love listening to her songs cause it brings the memories of my past. Luckily, afterall the things I've been through, I'm still here, smiling and thinking how tough I am. Lol.






Anything weird about it? It's up to you on how you look at it. But for now, I have to go. I will be posting more of my favorite cd collections one of these days... But that's it for today cause my Little Ones have some movie to catch.. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire! Yippeee! Chicken Little, soon I hope. That's a wrap!


4 comments:

abigail said...

oopsss!!! i think u forget to add vanessa carlton's a thousand miles sorry just thought of it....hehehehhe baguio????lolz! mwah

Anonymous said...

u miss something in ur list bob marley....waiting in vain yikes!!!!!

secret said...

oh hahaha! yeah, that one too. geez, still remembered that?? good memory eh?
waiting in vain? yeah, that one too.. i'll post bob marley's album here soon. especially the red, red wine stuff- strange but i thought about me wearing a wedding dress. hahaha! thanks!

secret said...

oh hahaha! yeah, that one too. geez, still remembered that?? good memory eh?
waiting in vain? yeah, that one too.. i'll post bob marley's album here soon. especially the red, red wine stuff- strange but i thought about me wearing a wedding dress. hahaha! thanks!