Friday, December 09, 2005

Gimme some Chance.. ;-)


"All we are singing is give peace a chance..."







Sucky day, that’s how I describe my day. I planned everything at night, wrote down stuff like what to do the next day, where to go and what to buy, only to find out that it will all be ruined because I was locked outside my house! For three hours, I was waiting for someone to rescue my inability to open that friggin door. While trying to keep my cool, I went to my mother’s house to watch T.V. instead. Star Movies (cable channel) aired John Lennon’s “Give Peace a Chance” and “Imagine” Albums. Ooh.. interesting!

Give Peace a Chance

Thirty-five years ago, John Lennon recorded this song in Montreal's Queen Elizabeth Hotel at midnight on May 26, 1969 (it was, in part, due to heat and marijuana) with his wife, Yoko Ono, and some musicians and members of the Canadian Radha Krishna Temple as a protest against the Vietnam War. The room was really jam-packed (as I watched the footage) but according to them, they felt nothing but love for peace and sense of belongingness. Where, as said, the only instrument present there was his guitar. His staff got carried away with the song that they banged the door, walls and even yellow pages like beating the drums and it all blends well with the music. Give Peace a Chance reached no. 14 on Billboard's chart — and would inspire an entire generation to sing a song of peace during the war. Lennon's message of peace is still remembered today, and was rekindled at a Paul McCartney concert in Paris.

Gimme Some Truth

The making of John Lennon’s “Imagine” album… Boy, I didn’t know that He was madly in-love with Yoko (his wife)! He admitted in an interview that He really adored Yoko and confesses too that he wanted to possess him to death. Wow!


Did you know?

Every year on December 8, the day John Lennon was murdered, two dozen roses, half red and half white, are left anonymously by the door of the suite.
The first Bed-In for peace took place in room 902, the presidential suite of the Amsterdam Hilton. Lennon's The Ballad of John and Yoko chronicled the Amsterdam Bed-in.

Allow me to share with you one of my favorite songs he composed:

OH MY LOVE. ( 1971 )

(Co-written with Yoko Ono)

Oh my love for the first time in my life my eyes are wide open
Oh my lover for the first time in my life my eyes can see
I see the wind oh I see the trees
Everything is clear in my heartI see the clouds oh I see the sky
Everything is clear in our world.
Oh my love for the first time in my life my mind is wide open
Oh my lover for the first time in my life my mind can feel
I feel sorrow oh I feel dreamsEverything is clear in my heart
I feel life oh I feel love
Everything is clear in our world.



Guess my sucky day has turned out to be a learning experience for me… so this article pays tribute to John Lennon as a great artist of all time. Bows head!

No comments: